Resin repairs to timber structures. Design examples to Eurocode 5
In This Series
- Assessment of the durability and engineering properties of lesser-known hardwood timber species for use in marine and freshwater construction
- Avoiding landfill through effective wood waste disposal and a shift in product focus
- Bracing for non-domestic timber trussed rafter roofs
- Cross-laminated timber: an introduction
- Environmentally responsible construction: Community wood recycling
This design guide gives a general overview of best practice guidance concerning resin repairs to timber structures.
The guide supports and complies to the principles laid out in Eurocode 5 and covers the key points of repairing tension members, beam ends and eave joints.
It only offers general advice and given that all adhesive repairs are different, therefore all structural repair calculations should be performed and checked by experienced professionals.
- R1 tension member
- R2 beam end repair
- R3 eaves joint repair