9 million tramping feet on a hardwood floor
In This Series
- Solid rectangular column factors (sawn sections) loads at unit stress
- solid rectangular column factors (planed sections) April 1962
- solid rectangular beam factors (sawn sections) uniformly distributed loads at unit stress (continued) - April 1962
- solid rectangular beam factors (planed sections) uniformly distributed loads at unit stress - April 1962
- resistance of wood to decay - June 1974
Strolling, dancing, shuffling, tramping. Nine million pairs of feet have passed this way. But the floor today still keeps its luxury look, its new appearance. It is a hardwood floor installed nine years ago at the Royal Festival Hall, London. No doubt about hardwood floors—they last.
Through experimental analysis, James Norman, Joel Ross, Robbie Kirkbride and Toby Hill-Smith outline the damping exhibited in these complex beams.
Article from Timber 2017 Industry Yearbook
This wood for good fact sheet is an introductory document to constructional timber.
The sheet contains tips, guides to marking and span tables for C16 and C24 floor joists.
- Span tables for domestic floor joists: C16 timber
- Span tables for domestic floor...
Keerthi Ranasinghe, BM TRADA's Eurocodes expert, sets the scene for the fourth edition of TRADA's Eurocode 5 Span Tables, published in 2014.
Article from the TRADA Timber Industry Yearbook 2015